Sunday, April 30, 2017

WHEN I WROTE MY FIRST MYSTERY


AT AMAZON





WHEN I DECIDED TO WRITE A MURDER MYSTERY, I DIDN’T REALIZE THIS COULD BE A MYSTERY IN ITSELF!
Much of my life I have been a fan of the great mystery writer Agatha Christie. I read so many books of hers and eventually I would buy videos of her greatest mysteries.
Then I decided to try to write a mystery myself. I found much material from the Internet sources, about the great mystery writers and I happened to stumble upon a great blog all about how to write like that great mystery writer of long ago.
It described how she developed dialogue, setting, and things like that and the who done it murders which she did so well. I had read much of her own life’s history, but thought one day, well I would like to try this genre myself.
So, in the year   January 18, 2012, I published in Smashwords The Case of the Magic Gold Mirror.
This novel is 27,240 words. It is listed as a fiction thriller and suspense novel and as a psychological thriller.
I really believe trying to determine a cover for this book was almost as hard as writing it. Finally, in total anguish I enlisted some dear friends to help with this.
So together we set up the picture of this beautiful starlet murdered with her gold mirror in her hand.
I still have fond memories and an appreciation too deep to fathom for my model and her patience throughout this stint with friends serving as assistance throughout the whole process. Without these friends, I could never have finished this project at all!
IN July of 2012, I decided to do a rewrite on this book.
This is on Amazon. The model, of the late screen star is the same.
OF mystery writing, I believe the book I wrote can speak for itself in this way, “There is a place of magic with sand and torch lit rooms. There is gold and rare and costly material and opulent furniture. And it is there a curse and a promise begins.”
Excerpt from The Case of the Magic Gold Mirror, The Late Screen Star’s Murder.”
By Romance Novelist Anna Patterson

at Smashwords






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW BOOK TRAILER ABOUT EGYPT